Získajte Premium skryť všetky reklamy
29.03.2022 - 14:55
 Alex
----
Orcs are a horde, much like Turks. Elves and Men are light skinned, Orcs are often darker/sallow skinned, like Turks.

Istanbul?Thats not how you pronounce Constantinople
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
29.03.2022 - 15:16
 Dave (Admin)
This community *says* they want updates, but they really don't.

This has been my experience with AW since the beginning. People complain about "no updates" => I give an update => they hate it and don't use it => cycle repeats. I've concluded what this community really wants is to play the same way they've always played. They still want to complain for the enjoyment of complaining, but they don't really want any changes.

I try to keep it possible for the old players to continue playing the way they always have, but my real focus is on developing the game for new players.
----
All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer,
but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved.
--Sun Tzu

Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
29.03.2022 - 15:46
 Witch-Doctor (Moderátor)
Guys lets not jump to conclusions here. Firstly, the old world map is the default when someone hosts a game. Players might not even know they can host 2.0. Especially since non prem cannot host any map except the world map and promoted maps. The 2.0 map had some issues at release which wasnt helpful but they will be fixed. Lets not doom and gloom yet.
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
29.03.2022 - 15:51
I have not had much time to play. I did try the new Europe map and it was good experience. Hopefully next week I'll have more time to try other continents.

From what I have seen the community did spam the new world map for 2 days and then they stopped, but it is not necessary because they did not like the map.

Social groups (scenario groups, competitive groups) tend to gather around maps they can agree about its rules and balance, So they can judge how they played and feel it was fair. That is the reason 2 maps and 2 scenarios have overall 95% of the plays (very few think that they are that much better than the others).

If you want players to try it more try to give some guidelines - with tournaments, challenges videos and etc.
----

Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
29.03.2022 - 16:06
Mapmaking bugs should be a priority atm. I'm grateful for the changes but I still experience the same issues with mapmaking that I did 4+ years ago.
Mapmaking is one of the main reasons to buy premium too and helps freshen the community with new maps

Edit: [One!] of the reasons I didn't play for three years was because of mapmaking issues!
----
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
29.03.2022 - 16:20
 Dave (Admin)
Napísal Reichsheer, 29.03.2022 at 16:06

Mapmaking bugs should be a priority atm. I'm grateful for the changes but I still experience the same issues with mapmaking that I did 4+ years ago.
Mapmaking is one of the main reasons to buy premium too and helps freshen the community with new maps

Edit: [One!] of the reasons I didn't play for three years was because of mapmaking issues!

When was the last time you tried making a map?

Because I literally just spent the last month fixing a shit ton of bugs in the map editor so we could get World Map 2.0 released...
----
--Sun Tzu

Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
29.03.2022 - 16:23
 Mobster (Moderátor)
Well actually
137 World 2.0 games were hosted in 29th
196 28th
317 27th
272 26th
(Around half of these were successfuly played and finished)

Yeah it went down a bit, but it's not an oh-my-god kind of suprise for anybody. But it's weird that you paid attention to take that screenshot at a time when there's only a few games...
Btw, activate that windows
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
29.03.2022 - 16:27
Players will like updates to this game in the same way I like British baked beans.

At first, the tomato sauce tastes fucking disgusting compared to the BBQ sauce in Bush's baked beans. But, if the tomato sauce is my only option, then I will have to learn to like it. And so I did.

Therefore, assuming an update is good with respect to the fount of all progress: birthrates (new players), then it should be put down our throat and we will learn to like it. But, of course, this update is not good with respect to improving our birthrate. And so, it should not yet be put down our throat. But other updates should be.
----
Happiness = reality - expectations
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
29.03.2022 - 16:41
 Sid (Admin)
World map 2.0 has a positive reception. I took like 2-3 hours on its release to get opinions and I got no bad reviews. Kaskas poll reflects that. Let's just set it to be the default once the kinks are worked out and not care about what people like this guy thinks.
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
29.03.2022 - 16:47
Napísal Dave, 29.03.2022 at 16:20

Napísal Reichsheer, 29.03.2022 at 16:06

When was the last time you tried making a map?

Because I literally just spent the last month fixing a shit ton of bugs in the map editor so we could get World Map 2.0 released...

WW1 & WW2 Simplified were made nearly 3 years ago. After spending many hours on them both, they became literally unplayable until I came back last week (so that was possibly your fixes). For the past week, I've been playing the map and have been quite happy, until I had to redo all of the nogo zones that magically disappeared after only adding units and changing stats...

My scenarios 'Colonial RP - Charlemagne', 'European Powers (1700's GGG)', 'New World Coming - RP', 'Medieval Empires AtWar RP', 'Qing Vs Joseon & Japan (1750's GGG)', 'GGG: Alt History (EU)' are all uneditable with the error code 'Error: TypeError: b.getSource() is undefined, Script: https://atwar-game.com/java/game/atwar.game.min.js?v=202203241749, Line: 1, Column: 654189'

And occasionally when trying to connect to edit a map; it doesn't load (forgotten the exact sentence that comes up) and I must close down the atwar tab/go back a page on the browser (sometimes multiple times) for it to actually let me into the map. This can't be an issue on my side and I've tried different computers/browsers, I've recently moved houses and have very good internet speeds.

That's just the past 5-6 days that I've been back. I'm not back to complain, I'm back because the WW1 map I made works again. I was close to giving up again when the nogo zones disappeared!

Edit: when saving changes, they sometimes wouldn't register the next time I loaded the map too (this I approached both Mobster and Sid on)
----
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
29.03.2022 - 16:49
 Nero
People cried about the new strats too during the first week, but now they seem to be integrated just fine. People want to stick to what they know, especially since a lot of expansions have been changed. Give it time, work on making it the default map, and everyone will move on, and hopefully come to love it. I know I do, this was a much needed update.
----
Laochra¹: i pray to the great zizou, that my tb stops the airtrans of the yellow infidel
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
29.03.2022 - 16:52
Napísal Alex, 29.03.2022 at 14:55

i told you it would last a few days before it got overtaken by the 1st world map

OH MY GOOOOSH, you have to be some Nostradamus Jr... Do you give some betting tips?

I definitely think there are no worse people than those who do and help nothing, but are inexhaustible source of shit throwing and underestimation of someone's voluntary dedication and work for the good of whole community. Like, who the fuck you think you are to give yourself so many credits. No one gives a single fuck what you predicted, just stop this smartassing around, if you continue this way, you'll start choking in your own shit.

Also, this is not a race between maps, there are no bloody overtakes lol. Especially by assuming that World Map 1.0 is still set up as default map for everyone and World Map 2.0 is currently used by players to try it, check possible bugs, issues and things that have to be fixed (which can be found out only by playing) and slightly adapt on it. After final polishing and setting up World Map 2.0 as default map, be sure that 1st one will slowly go in shadow. Just like your prediction.
----

Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
29.03.2022 - 17:09
 Dave (Admin)
Napísal Reichsheer, 29.03.2022 at 16:47

My scenarios 'Colonial RP - Charlemagne', 'European Powers (1700's GGG)', 'New World Coming - RP', 'Medieval Empires AtWar RP', 'Qing Vs Joseon & Japan (1750's GGG)', 'GGG: Alt History (EU)' are all uneditable with the error code 'Error: TypeError: b.getSource() is undefined, Script: https://atwar-game.com/java/game/atwar.game.min.js?v=202203241749, Line: 1, Column: 654189'

Unfortunately some maps that were broken by old versions of the map editor are permanently broken, there's not much I can do about that. However if you're creating new maps you shouldn't have any problems now.

And occasionally when trying to connect to edit a map; it doesn't load (forgotten the exact sentence that comes up) and I must close down the atwar tab/go back a page on the browser (sometimes multiple times) for it to actually let me into the map. This can't be an issue on my side and I've tried different computers/browsers, I've recently moved houses and have very good internet speeds.

Edit: when saving changes, they sometimes wouldn't register the next time I loaded the map too (this I approached both Mobster and Sid on)

It takes the system a few minutes to update after you've made any significant changes. There's also the possibility you might need to clear your browser cache. But if a few minutes have gone by and you've cleared your cache, and are still having problems, then you can report them here: https://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=39713. I do read them and fix things as I can
----
--Sun Tzu

Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
29.03.2022 - 17:15
Napísal Dave, 29.03.2022 at 17:09

Unfortunately some maps that were broken by old versions of the map editor are permanently broken, there's not much I can do about that. However if you're creating new maps you shouldn't have any problems now.

It takes the system a few minutes to update after you've made any significant changes. There's also the possibility you might need to clear your browser cache. But if a few minutes have gone by and you've cleared your cache, and are still having problems, then you can report them here: https://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=39713. I do read them and fix things as I can

Thanks for addressing my concerns. I recognise you're a one-man-band on the majority of all things atwar and I've noticed that you've done a lot since I've been gone. All I'm trying to say is, thanks for the updates and keep them coming! I do appreciate it, otherwise, I wouldn't be back.
----
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
29.03.2022 - 17:45
 Alex
Napísal Croat, 29.03.2022 at 16:52

Napísal Alex, 29.03.2022 at 14:55

i told you it would last a few days before it got overtaken by the 1st world map

OH MY GOOOOSH, you have to be some Nostradamus Jr... Do you give some betting tips?

I definitely think there are no worse people than those who do and help nothing, but are inexhaustible source of shit throwing and underestimation of someone's voluntary dedication and work for the good of whole community. Like, who the fuck you think you are to give yourself so many credits. No one gives a single fuck what you predicted, just stop this smartassing around, if you continue this way, you'll start choking in your own shit.

You mad? Good thing you are friends with the moderators otherwise you would have been perma muted in forums long ago. Also when the fuck did i give myself so many credit? are you trying to make me look like a dickhead to make yourself seem less mad about me??? Also you responding to this indicates that you care about my prediction, even tho the main point of the post isnt my prediction but to show that the map didnt have the same love as tha base map anyways. I just pointed something and you are just coming here like i had sex with your gf or sister. Also about that its not the default map, the screenshot is from the main room, the high ranks im pretty sure know where to choose to play the world map 2. AAAAAAnd lastly i know the map isnt the final final product, there will be lots of rebalancing of course but its jsut an observation, but anyways you are too mad with me, not my post so stfu and hop on pms if you want to insult me.
https://prnt.sc/bFJt-OQS949P xaxa
----
Orcs are a horde, much like Turks. Elves and Men are light skinned, Orcs are often darker/sallow skinned, like Turks.

Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
29.03.2022 - 17:50
 Alex
First of all to write something before i start responding to posts, I AM NOT HATING ON THE PEOPLE WHO HELPED WITH THIS, i just showed whats going on, why do you have to create so many narratives. 2. with some of the people who helped i talk a lot and are good friends, dont act like i ahte them all and dont appreciate them. 3. i play either these maps, i am a scenario player mostly and used to be like an cwer for 2 seasons, so from what i have read so far, you guys are taking out your frastrution with me and the community more than pointing out whats going and LASTLY I KNOW THAT THIS ISNT THE FINAL PRODUCT AND THAT IT WILL NEED REBALANCING, ALL MAPS NEED REBALANCING NONE WAS CREATED WITH BALANCED RELEASE, EVEN THE BASE MAP TOOK LOTS OF REBALANCE, there was no militias when you took a city back in the day and more things were different than whats there now, i appreciate the effort of the team that made the map, and yes im not held at gun point.

I JUST SHOWED THE PEOPLES PREFERENCE SINCE THEY ARE THE ONES PLAYING THE WORLD MAP [NOT ME]
----

Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
29.03.2022 - 17:58
 Alex
Napísal Dave, 29.03.2022 at 15:16

I try to keep it possible for the old players to continue playing the way they always have, but my real focus is on developing the game for new players.

Yes but is the map really more friendly for the newer players? the old map seems less complicated, it has a few simple units without extra unit types andno rivers that they wont know how to use probably most likely. and lastly theres not so many capitals and provinces like the newer version (more capital cities means that theres more micro required in order to not give reinf to the enemy and complete income of a state and overall its more skill demanding) and also dont take this like i hate on you, i appreciate the effort, i just showed what the community prefers, NOT ME. also one last thing, i believe what really needs an update is the map maker itself with new gameplay and stuff, but anyways much love
----

Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
29.03.2022 - 18:00
 Alex
Napísal Sid, 29.03.2022 at 16:41

and not care about what people like this guy thinks (who likely won't be here long to enjoy it anyways).

is this a threat???
----

Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
29.03.2022 - 18:04
I will take Alex's side in this flame war so that he isn't gangbanged. We need balance.
----
Happiness = reality - expectations
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
29.03.2022 - 18:21

World map 2.0 has a positive reception. I took like 2-3 hours on its release to get opinions and I got no bad reviews. Kaskas poll reflects that. Let's just set it to be the default once the kinks are worked out and not care about what people like this guy thinks (who likely won't be here long to enjoy it anyways).

k bro but calm your tits, no need to threat people, the truht hurts but take it like a man
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
29.03.2022 - 18:40
Guys don't say or publish anything ever. Apperantly we have a God here who sees your wicked heart intentions and gonna bash you for that.
----

Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
29.03.2022 - 19:08

World map 2.0 has a positive reception. I took like 2-3 hours on its release to get opinions and I got no bad reviews. Kaskas poll reflects that. Let's just set it to be the default once the kinks are worked out and not care about what people like this guy thinks (who likely won't be here long to enjoy it anyways).

like others said , no need to threaten ppl especialy over somthing like this that just makes u look extremly childish and ppl loss faith in the games admins especialy after the shit that happened in competetive comunity a couple months ago. From what i can tell this world map is a new map made by mapmakers just like all scenarios/other maps are and as thus will have its fair share of bashing/balancing/tests and in the end some people will like it and others wont (this is the great thing about mapmakers, that their is a variety of maps depending on every players personal taste and interest. Scenario comunity which has always been constantly helping balance the new scenario maps that come out with their mapmakers work in sync and always will same way as the competetive comunity has done on their respected favored maps.

All critic and all input should always be welcomed and worked on by the comunity, the mapmakers and even the admins since all are synced, without one helping the other it makes shit more complicated then it should be xD.
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
29.03.2022 - 19:21
Remove event limit when.
----
Someone Better Than You
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
29.03.2022 - 19:29
I like the new map. I've played several games on it. Is it perfect, no, but no one expected perfection on its very first release. I think its a really fun mix of new features and the old map and it really exceeded my expectations. Once the bugs are fixed, I plan to play it even more in duels and cws. Why are there complaints for this awesome new free thing? Say thank you or probably just say nothing.
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
29.03.2022 - 19:43
 Sid (Admin)
Not everything I say is a veiled threat. I just meant you are either likely to quit playing or be banned for something stupid given how youve been recently, (and not by me).

*I did edit my post and talk to Alex to clear up what i said*
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
29.03.2022 - 19:51
Napísal Sid, 29.03.2022 at 19:43

Not everything I say is a veiled threat. I just meant you are either likely to quit playing or be banned for something stupid given how youve been recently, and not by me.

lies we all know deep inside you a toxic mean cunt like the rest of us!
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
29.03.2022 - 20:56
Napísal Dave, 29.03.2022 at 15:16

This community *says* they want updates, but they really don't.

This has been my experience with AW since the beginning. People complain about "no updates" => I give an update => they hate it and don't use it => cycle repeats. I've concluded what this community really wants is to play the same way they've always played. They still want to complain for the enjoyment of complaining, but they don't really want any changes.

Retire the old map, and get rid of the World Map 2.0 New Verison banner... make it look cleaner. Easy.
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
29.03.2022 - 22:01
In my honest opinion, I expected atwar lobby to be this way maybe 2 weeks post-launch. But not 3 days after the launch, thats surprising even for AW standards. But it's not that surprising, considering how much hate new strategies got and forum posts raging about them when they first launched and refusal to play with buildings because players hated them even though there's a disable option.

With that much adversity to strats/units I expected the worst for this map and the quick downturn in the plays versus when it first launched is really shocking to me. But I shouldn't be shocked when it comes to this game
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
29.03.2022 - 22:03
Napísal Dave, 29.03.2022 at 17:09

It's not "some", every single Silverlight-made scenario is uneditable
----
Someone Better Than You
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
29.03.2022 - 23:21
I disagree here with my fellows. " World map 2.0 " was asked by the community from long time, even when it had no clear vision how would it look like in terms of new economy, current situation and compat community be able play and enjoy 3v3 in different preset. If we compare now new map with old map, old map had no balanced picks for 3v3 or counter picks for asia preset and Na.

Coming to second point I myself has observed closely new players in beginers room, new players likes to make tanks or planes more often than infantry due to a modern warfare, we will label them as noob but that should not be the case, new players likes to make modern troops so I'm sure they will love to make newly introduce units as well.

In terms of making map user friendly for new players I don't think so it's really an issue, new players will surely struggle a bit for a while but they will adapt themselves to new map in some short time, we should not compare ourselves to them.

In terms of balancing we all know it takes so much time to balance a map in term of every pick, I'm sure every scen player is aware of what I'm talking, currently we are discussing about a map that can be played by 50+ players at same time though limit is 40, it will take time but the result will be satisfying.

Lastly regarding map editor and bugs if Dave can make a discussion room with all map makers to discuss the problems and their solution it will benefit both parties.
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Utajenie | Podmienky služby | bannery | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Pripojte sa k nám na

Dajte o nás vedieť