Získajte Premium skryť všetky reklamy
20.06.2017 - 16:52
 Witch-Doctor (Moderátor)

Announcing the first completed preset for my new map Greenzone. Other presets will be arriving soon including a winter expansion up North.
The map is officially in the public testing phase and I need some feedback for balancing.

Some things to note about the map:
• Set in the colonial days meaning no air unit and historical colonial units used.
• West is reinf, East is econ.
• Mountains may block troop movements.
• Powerful, but expensive ships. Port are few and far between so every ship is worth the money.
• The map focuses on large land battles.

Recommended playing mode is 1v1 or 2v2. FFA autism also works.

All feedback will be taken into consideration.
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
20.06.2017 - 16:56
 4nic
Good map can be played on any settings.
10k best tho...
What I think should be done is marine cost reduced by 10 and ADD RARE UNITSSSSS
----
''Everywhere where i am absent, they commit nothing but follies''
~Napoleon

Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
20.06.2017 - 17:00
 Witch-Doctor (Moderátor)
Napísal 4nic, 20.06.2017 at 16:56

What I think should be done is marine cost reduced by 10 and ADD RARE UNITSSSSS

over my dead body
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
20.06.2017 - 18:01
Looks like an interesting map, cant wait to see it finished
----
Lest we forget
Moja Bosna Ponosna
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
20.06.2017 - 20:42
 Sid (Admin)
  • Great port locations / number of ports
  • Good balancing
  • Good city locations
  • I like the ships, is this map supposed to make NC better?
  • Good terrain and country destinction.
  • No single country is too op
  • I only played on the East side, i wonder if the west is playable with more expensive strategies like PD/RA?
  • Any plans for land transports/carriages?
  • What are your goals for the map?

Probably my favorite custom map because it's not confusing to play, you won't get a headache playing it and you will understand it very easily. Please keep making this.
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
20.06.2017 - 21:03
 Witch-Doctor (Moderátor)
Napísal Sid, 20.06.2017 at 20:42

• Great port locations / number of ports
  • Good balancing
  • Good city locations
  • I like the ships, is this map supposed to make NC better?
  • Good terrain and country destinction.
  • No single country is too op
  • I only played on the East side, i wonder if the west is playable with more expensive strategies like PD/RA?
  • Any plans for land transports/carriages?
  • No air units, not a negative
  • What are your goals for the map?

Probably my favorite custom map because it's not confusing to play, you won't get a headache playing it and you will understand it very easily. Please keep making this.

NC can absolutely dominate this map.
Naval transports are nerfed to 10 capacity, but NC will bring it back up to the regular 15 and increase range which allows for almost godlike expanding. NC can be played with an east pick and you can 100% lock down the sea with schooner spam and make ridiculous transport chains to attack the enemy everywhere. Keep in mind that naval supremacy does not necessarily mean you win though since a lot of caps are inland. The Gulf in the west can also be blockaded off to stall your ships while their troops make their move inland.

West was designed with strats like imp, gw, and maybe pd in mind. Full west GW can be an absolute beast on the battlefield with deadly marine and militia spam. In fact, GW would be incredibly OP if it wasn't for cannons receiving bonuses against militia and marines. If east can hold off the GW onslaught long enough to build the economy to support cannon spam, GW can be beaten.
Imp west is a little more tactical allowing you to pick and choose whether you want to focus more on land or more in the sea.
PD can be done, but money can be an issue unless militia spam is used..

As for land transports, a lot of consideration is being given into whether or not to include them.
The biggest argument against land transport is that it drastically changes the meta so that cheap high reinf picks can completely dominate the map. You can see this in Eu+ where ukr has a massive advantage over every pick. This is due to it's access to lots of funds and more importantly, air transport to expand really fast and dominate the map. We could see this show up on this map if transport were included as it would allow super fast expansions. The problem with this is, you would have countries with 7k funds who would mass expand and dump all their money in the first 4 turns into cannons and rushing you. I want to regulate how quickly somebody can expand even if money was not an issue.

Goals:

I want a map with massive land battles where everybody have many opportunities to win. Certainly, naval power will be important, but only to an extent as most countries are land based.
I plan on filling the entire map with countries, but this will be a long time coming.
What is coming however are smaller preset areas like the various presets on the world map (eu, asia, LA, NA, africa). These areas will be carefully balanced and each will have a unique playstyle. As different as africa 3k is from eu 10k, the various preset on this map will reflect that.

A northern iceland preset is currently being designed and tested so stay tuned.
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
20.06.2017 - 23:14
No air unit = no play sorry
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
20.06.2017 - 23:26
 Witch-Doctor (Moderátor)
Napísal Xenosapien, 20.06.2017 at 23:14

No air unit = no play sorry

duel turk vs ukr?
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
21.06.2017 - 17:13
Make a scenario out of it
----
Someone Better Than You
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Utajenie | Podmienky služby | bannery | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Pripojte sa k nám na

Dajte o nás vedieť