Získajte Premium skryť všetky reklamy
25.12.2011 - 00:02
The fact is Turn blocking play a larger role than any other mechanic in the game. I haven't played this game even 1/100th of what I used to, and im just tired of it to be honest, why? because it is all about turn blocking... and turn blocking is an Un-fun mechanic. It just needs to be removed entirely and replaced with a working system.

You don't have to listen to me that is fine, but I assure you that all your new players running into this mechanic are going to be frustrated and confused, why don't you try doing a survey to see if I am right? I'm sure all the high level player will disagree, reason is they know this huge advantage that they have over player who do not understand the concept. I would much rather play a strategy game in which superior expansion, tactics, and/or unit composition are all shit compared to turn blocking...
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
25.12.2011 - 00:19
How do you suggest changing it? I can't really see anything else working any better.
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
25.12.2011 - 00:43
I hate turnblocking, I really do, but I believe ivan has said many times he can't remove it or units would never meet on the battlefield.
----
Napísal Amok, 31.08.2012 at 03:10
Fruit's theory is correct
Napísal tophat, 30.08.2012 at 21:04
Fruit is right

Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
25.12.2011 - 02:04
I somehow find it hard to believe that it is not possible, or to make the system smarter at least which takes into account the number of units on each side.
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
25.12.2011 - 07:27
The system works fine to me. I'll get the occasional bad luck maybe twice a game but really i dont see the problem with it. On smaller maps such as in europe your chances of being turnblocked will increase but on larger maps like eurasia or a world game when your dealing with larger amounts of stacks turnblocking barely shows. I understand the POV for new beginner players though, if the system were to be changed i would suggest that turnblocking should only work when a player intercepts an enemy stack with at least 20% of his units. For example, if your enemy has a stack of 20, it should require at least 4 units for a turnblock to successfully work. I think this would work well and would be more realistic since you're not dealing with one unit delaying an entire army.

@Sony, i thought i had posted a thread on the turnblocking system in the BiteMe! forum?? Take a look at it and im sure you'll understand it better and that your point of vue on this will change.
----
Don't trust the manipulative rabbit.
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
25.12.2011 - 12:32
Tops, I fully understand it, I just think it is un-fun.
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
25.12.2011 - 15:10
Samnang
Účet zmazaný
The fact of the matter is that one turn block can decide the fate of any entire game.
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
25.12.2011 - 19:12
Napísal Guest, 25.12.2011 at 19:01

Napísal tophat, 25.12.2011 at 07:27

if your enemy has a stack of 20, it should require at least 4 units for a turnblock to successfully work. I think this would work well and would be more realistic since you're not dealing with one unit delaying an entire army.

Sounds interesting.

Yeah, this sounds good. However: Also an option should be that some units can block large groups, while others can just block 1 or 2 (to keep in the strategy). Or maybe it needs to be equal (1 units attacks, 1 unit gets blocked). I also agree with Sony, that the turnblocking isn't fun for new players. They have no chance against someone who is good in the use of TB.
----
Exceptional claims demand exceptional evidence.
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
25.12.2011 - 19:28
Check out the last few posts in this thread, where Ivan responds to this http://afterwind.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=1203

Basically Ivan says (1) that its not unrealistic for 1 unit to block a large group because each "unit" is really a squad.

and (2) that it is impossible to resolve the turns in any other way.

Napísal Ivan, 04.05.2011 at 15:33

First, it's not entirely unrealistic. Sending a bomber squad to attack an enemy's army might well hinder their movement.

Second, this is the only possible way. Movements can only be resolved in the order in which they are made by players. We might try resolving a second tier of movements (continuing movement of winning armies), but even that is not an easy task.
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
25.12.2011 - 19:48
Napísal Guest14502, 25.12.2011 at 19:28

Check out the last few posts in this thread, where Ivan responds to this http://afterwind.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=1203

Basically Ivan says (1) that its not unrealistic for 1 unit to block a large group because each "unit" is really a squad.

and (2) that it is impossible to resolve the turns in any other way.

Napísal Ivan, 04.05.2011 at 15:33

First, it's not entirely unrealistic. Sending a bomber squad to attack an enemy's army might well hinder their movement.

Second, this is the only possible way. Movements can only be resolved in the order in which they are made by players. We might try resolving a second tier of movements (continuing movement of winning armies), but even that is not an easy task.

agreed. The system is fine.
----
Don't trust the manipulative rabbit.
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
25.12.2011 - 20:30
I dont like the system, but I realize its the only way for things to happen, so I live with it.
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
25.12.2011 - 20:39
I should point out that TB has also been around since the game started, it just wasnt really discovered/publicized for a while.

Also, I agree it is a huge advantage over newer players. I cant tell you how many times I've had new players go "WTF y didnt my units move" after I turnblocked them. I dont know what a good solution is except for adding it to the tutorial, but I imagine that take a while and Ivan and Amok have other priorities.
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
27.12.2011 - 05:45
Well, then i'm pretty much done with this game, even though I actually have more time than ever to play games, there are just so many games I would rather play over this one. Maybe I will come back in a few months.
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
27.12.2011 - 10:53
 VRIL
I like turnblocking and consider it a strategical addition to the gameplay.

Napísal Hugosch, 25.12.2011 at 19:12
However: Also an option should be that some units can block large groups, while others can just block 1 or 2 (to keep in the strategy)

This would be fine for me aswell
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
27.12.2011 - 11:46
Napísal the99percent, 27.12.2011 at 05:45

Well, then i'm pretty much done with this game, even though I actually have more time than ever to play games, there are just so many games I would rather play over this one. Maybe I will come back in a few months.

off topic:

thank god

on topic:

this is a highly unreasonable request. I've went through a phase similar to yours, but now I'm actually doing something about it. Being less predictable for starters, and walling important countries and stacks are a priority (thx ZOG and houdini). Also, TBing has a 50% chance of working first turn, so if you don't have anything to TB move whatever you can on the first turn and it most likely won't work. Sure there's not much you can do, but it's part of the game. Either do it yourself or deal with it.
----
I was banned for your sins

VAGlJESUS ["I love me some KFC"]
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
27.12.2011 - 16:52
Vag, im well aware of how TB works, im not QQ'ing about a game I lost, the fact is I just don't like the mechanic, enough so that I just don't want to play a game based on it.
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
28.12.2011 - 02:28
Goodbye friend, shame to see you go.
----
Napísal Amok, 31.08.2012 at 03:10
Fruit's theory is correct
Napísal tophat, 30.08.2012 at 21:04
Fruit is right

Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
28.12.2011 - 15:14
Well I played a game yesterday had fun for once, will prolly still play the larger maps, where turn blocking is less effective and I can still enjoy casual play.
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
31.12.2011 - 01:31
Well you can clearly spot players who just play casually and like "properly" tactially, and players who do nothing but turnblock every single turn, every single remote thing they can see *cough* (censored) *cough*. They're the ones who make it un-fun, and not the occasional turnblock that you see happen every now and then. It's a game mechanic that is ok, but simply retarded when someone abuses it to fuck and focuses more on turnblocking than the fun tactical concepts of the game.
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
02.01.2012 - 06:24
Are u retired by tb?
----
>.>
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
02.01.2012 - 12:12
Is this why none of my turn blocks work? (There my 1st moves I'm not that dumb)
----
I like stuff.... Yay?
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
05.01.2012 - 20:34
 KYBL
Napísal Guest, 25.12.2011 at 15:10

The fact of the matter is that one turn block can decide the fate of any entire game.

When i was rank 4 I took vlada osvajac's cap, he would have taken it back for it was 20 something vs 9, but i turnblocked his 20. So I agree it can completely change the fate of the game.
----

Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
05.01.2012 - 20:47
Napísal KYBL, 05.01.2012 at 20:34

Napísal Guest, 25.12.2011 at 15:10

When i was rank 4 I took vlada osvajac's cap, he would have taken it back for it was 20 something vs 9, but i turnblocked his 20. So I agree it can completely change the fate of the game.

how do you even remember that one game...
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
06.01.2012 - 07:29
 KYBL
I was very proud of myself because I sucked back then. :3
----

Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Utajenie | Podmienky služby | bannery | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Pripojte sa k nám na

Dajte o nás vedieť