Získajte Premium skryť všetky reklamy
27.12.2014 - 05:16
What do you think on the massive flood of trophies?

Personally I think trophies should be given out only in yearly approved tournaments instead of monthly/ half a year tournaments. The tournament should also have a minimum of 64 player(might change over time)?

Suggestions:

Napísal clovis1122, 27.12.2014 at 07:06

However if we divide the trophies in two on player's profile: The original ones for help the community stay outside, then it comes a part of tourney badge and community-tourney badge. This would cause less impact in the tourney hosted by other users, while will also make more noticeable those "official tourney".....
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
27.12.2014 - 06:52
 Acquiesce (Moderátor)
Support 100%
----
The church is near, but the road is icy... the bar is far away, but I will walk carefully...
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
27.12.2014 - 06:56
I thought exactly about this just yesterday
And i think the trophies are not like they used to be anymore, in the past it was rare to see players with a trophy unless it was premium badge or B troopers
but now you can get one if you win in every tournament even if it's with 8 competitors that is hosted by anyone that decides to give trophy as reward for winning his tourney which in my eyes lower the prestige it once had

maybe there can be another way to acknowledge players that win an unofficial tournament instead of awarding them with trophies

and set an official tourneys by mods or admins once a year or half year with trophy as reward like ironail's and hugosach's tournaments that had a good gap from starting to finish accompanied with greatest attention from most players that were covering, watching and enjoying the tournament even those who watched from the sidelines
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
27.12.2014 - 07:06
Nice demotivation for play tourney I've experimented the difference between those tourney which have Trophies + PC reward and those who doesn't. Giving the Trophies to few tournaments will greatly put the others at disadvantage. What is more, players would also get demotivated for play a tourney, or ever to make a tourney.

However if we divide the trophies in two on player's profile: The original ones for help the community stay outside, then it comes a part of tourney badge and community-tourney badge. This would cause less impact in the tourney hosted by other users, while will also make more noticeable those "official tourney".....

P.D can I get safari is drunk badge?
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
27.12.2014 - 07:47

So one Tab for "Official Trophies" like premium, map making, helper, official tourney

and other Tab for "Fun Trophies" or "Community Trophies" which can include mod trophies like safari being drunk and unofficial tournaments?

Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
27.12.2014 - 08:00
I agree that trophy handouts havebecome a little frivolous. For example deaths tourney, I have a split 3rd place trophy on my profile atm. I literally played 2 games for that tourney, the 2nd which I lost. Yet somehow I got a third place trophy.

the clan war tourney was probably too easy to merit a trophy also

the solution is simple. The mods add trophies to ppls profiles. Simply ensure tourney hosts put their tourney idea through some sort of mod aPproval process which decides if the tourney merits a trophy reward.

not necessarily 64 players, when was the last time we saw a 64 player tourney? A nightmare/impossible to fill and even harder to host.

Remember:
- we want to encourage players to host tourneys.
- we want players to be motivated to participate
----
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
27.12.2014 - 08:04

Nice demotivation for play tourney I've experimented the difference between those tourney which have Trophies + PC reward and those who doesn't. Giving the Trophies to few tournaments will greatly put the others at disadvantage. What is more, players would also get demotivated for play a tourney, or ever to make a tourney.

P.D can I get safari is drunk badge?

In the past trophies were rare. I remember what I first joined, a player with a trophy other than the premium trophy was considered "Elite". Tournaments were rarely held so the chance of getting a trophy was also very limited.

Now there is at least 2 new tournaments held every month. Don't get me wrong tournaments are a great way to test skill and gain bragging rights but giving out a trophy for tournaments with only 8/16 competitors doesn't really serve much of a purpose.
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
27.12.2014 - 08:06
Does a tournament like.. http://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=14994 really merit a trophy? Its a completely different game and does not really deserve a trophy in AtWar.
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
27.12.2014 - 08:19
I agree with you, meester. I just wanted to point out the factors that need to be taken into consideration before applying any change.

There must be a way in which we can make the tourney more competitive, more rare, more "special". We need arguments from both sides and compare the goods and bad points of the new type of tournaments. And possibility get to a solution that doesn't give a drawback to one side.

Doesn't matter any solution, we need to think up about the probabilities, the effect that those solutions will have on the community.
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
27.12.2014 - 08:47

Nice demotivation for play tourney

----

http://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=14714&topicsearch=&page=
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
27.12.2014 - 09:05
I dont get this.
First point I dont get is clovis saying this will ''demotivate'' players for hosting/playing tournament?
Like meester said a couple years ago when tournaments were hosted people were already fine with just only participating on it.. now people want trophy trophy trophy..
I remember when I made my first tournament and I forgot to put on ''price trophy'' people immidiatly commented like: '' no trophy?, noob tournament '' I was like wtf?
I play this game like almost 3 years, yet I have no trophy, and now I see people who play this game for like what? 6 months? and already have more than 2 trophies or something. Its kinda weird lol.

Second point is I agree with this thread, but if you talk about curvefever tournament, you should also mention the pokemon tourney, and other off-game tournaments. And including the find drunk safari trophy and other private trophies handed out from mods to their friends. Because this leads to bias and unfairness.

I think people should stop making so much tournaments though, because I noticed that most tournament at this moment fail to complete ( including mine) , people don't even listen to tournament hosts and dont end their matches.. I noticed that there are like 2 same sort of tournaments, 1 hosten by laochra ( which was first) 2v2 on destoria maps and some other 3v3 competitive map, and a new one hosted by Madara 2v2 tournament destoria only, those 2 tournaments kinda look-a-like, and not being disrespectfull towards madara nor laochra, both great tournament hosts.

And sorry that I start this point in this thread but this is kinda bothering me a bit, as a person above me said make 2 factor trophies, 1 for community helping, and other for tournaments. In my opinion those ''community'' trophies are giving out way easier than those tournaments. I see people who never ever helped the community at all doing 1 supporter job for 1/2 months, and they immidiatly get promoted to elite? like wtf?, you guys say those trophies are taking out of their worthy but same is happening with the whole elite supporter dot thing, or mods/poty/potm? I have seen so much people coming with great ideas which can actually help the community, and nobody cares about it only because he wasn't really ''known'' but others who come with a idea that has been proposed for like 5 times already are getting 'support' comments only because he is ''known'' by this community and adventually get ''supporter elite''. I think the problem is more that people need to if its real and if the tournament should really receive a trophy price.

This was my opinion, as this is general discussion I can give my opinion, so for the people quoting me with ''nice starting flamewar again'' pls, just dont..
----

Napísal Guest14502, 11.10.2014 at 09:44

Waffel for mod 2015
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
27.12.2014 - 10:26
Have 4 main individual and 4 Team 2v2/3v3 whatever tournaments that give trophies (seasonal) then add other tournament winners to Chess' or another's hall of fame.

I used to have a bigger problem with trophies, ones like 'drunk safari' etc but really I dont have too much a problem with tournament or map making ones.
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
27.12.2014 - 15:40
I support all AW related trophies. I do not support tournaments for trophies that lead players off the site like The Pokemon, Curvefever, haxball. Although tournaments will be fun, no trophy should be awarded for other games.
----
It's not the end.

Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
27.12.2014 - 18:07
Napísal Tundy, 27.12.2014 at 07:47

So one Tab for "Official Trophies" like premium, map making, helper, official tourney

and other Tab for "Fun Trophies" or "Community Trophies" which can include mod trophies like safari being drunk and unofficial tournaments?

^^
----

Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
27.12.2014 - 18:23
I think a poll would be good, so we can see some numbers
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
27.12.2014 - 18:51
 Desu
I agree with Meester here. When there's so many of them they don't seem as valuable. I suppose making some kind of requirement for trophies would be good. (Minimum number of participants, agreed upon by mods/admins etc.)

@Khal and Waffel, try not to go off topic. Ignore each other or something. I've deleted your off topic posts.
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
27.12.2014 - 20:32
In any respected system of military decoration, some decorations are considered higher and more important than other decorations, because it takes a larger merit to justify.

There's a lesson to be learned here. Why not make many layers of trophies as well?
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
28.12.2014 - 00:30
Napísal Mr_Own_U, 27.12.2014 at 15:40

I support all AW related trophies. I do not support tournaments for trophies that lead players off the site like The Pokemon, Curvefever, haxball. Although tournaments will be fun, no trophy should be awarded for other games.

agreed
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
28.12.2014 - 00:32
Well now more than in the past there is more tournies, of course ages ago when you mods were active (or ex-mods @ meester) sure there was less trophies but that was because relatively less trophies and less competition so it was drawn out more, now there are tons and people who win legitimate atwar tournaments or competitions should be given trophies
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
28.12.2014 - 01:45
Napísal Desu, 27.12.2014 at 18:51

I agree with Meester here. When there's so many of them they don't seem as valuable. I suppose making some kind of requirement for trophies would be good. (Minimum number of participants, agreed upon by mods/admins etc.)

@Khal and Waffel, try not to go off topic. Ignore each other or something. I've deleted your off topic posts.

agree ^^ maybe make it something like 12 players min before trophy warranted?
----
The best players are those who think outside the box and aren't afraid to try something new
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
28.12.2014 - 10:15
Thinking seperate tabs for serious and fun trophies is the best idea, as suggested by clovis.
We don't want to be too serious, do we?
----
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
01.01.2015 - 21:31
Added clovis' suggestion to OP. Keep discussing.
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
02.01.2015 - 00:15
If you were to make two tabs, then I suggest starting an AtWar Official Tournament once every season so people can compete for official tournament trophies.

I don't like the sound of these community trophies though. I'd rather keep all trophies tournament or map making related. We got rid of drunk safari trophies for a reason...
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
02.01.2015 - 09:09
Napísal Fockmeeard, 02.01.2015 at 00:15

I don't like the sound of these community trophies though.

Nor do I. By simply dividing them we are already discrediting them. Obvious a player would look for your official trophies rather than the community ones.... but I though this is indeed, better than removing them.

However I think that rather than balance the tourney trophies / community trophies we should just make the community ones more valuable in his own limitation.

Maybe we can add other cool badge (NOT MEDAL) such as "For archieve 1,000 posts". There would be medals for join project's or for carry on a project for a preset amount of time, too. Then maybe a player would see your "community-related" badge just for see how nice/active you are with the community
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
03.01.2015 - 17:38
It should be divided in a way that the trophy's fall into 3-4 category's and have only 3-4 sets of different trophy's :
1. official tournaments
2. clan war seasons
3. non-official tournaments
4. appreciation trophy's

this way it wont be so overwhelming and we will all recognize different trophy's and trophy value will be in the order above.
----

Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
01.03.2015 - 06:31
Bump
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
01.03.2015 - 07:07
I believe the main problem is the existence of fun trophies, which are given out by mods to their friends or just those who beg hard enough. I intend to remove fun trophies which serve no purpose and add in event trophies held during Christmas, Easter, Valentines Day, New Year, etc. These trophies be given out to those who win the contest/tournaments held on these days/weeks.
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
01.03.2015 - 08:12
Napísal Meester, 01.03.2015 at 07:07

I believe the main problem is the existence of fun trophies, which are given out by mods to their friends or just those who beg hard enough. I intend to remove fun trophies which serve no purpose and add in event trophies held during Christmas, Easter, Valentines Day, New Year, etc. These trophies be given out to those who win the contest/tournaments held on these days/weeks.

I believe the main problem is the existence of fun trophies, which are given out by mods to their friends or just those who beg hard enough.
Tsunami: Are you forgetting this is a game, not real life and designed to be fun? It seems like you take this far to seriously. If trophies motivate people that they are willing to beg to have one and thus encourage activity then what is the problem? If a jpeg image means so much to people then why try and take it away? You don't take into account a large proportion of AtWar demographics are under 17, making them minors, which in my experience are best motivated through recognition, attention and award. There is no intrinsic value on these trophies and never has been, that will always be the same, they will always hold no value. I think the community and competitive players are fully aware of which trophies are deserved and relevant

I intend to remove fun trophies which serve no purpose and add in event trophies held during Christmas, Easter, Valentines Day, New Year, etc
Tsunami: Sure, if it makes you feel better.
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
01.03.2015 - 08:35
Napísal The Bastard, 01.03.2015 at 08:12

I believe the main problem is the existence of fun trophies, which are given out by mods to their friends or just those who beg hard enough.
Tsunami: Are you forgetting this is a game, not real life and designed to be fun? It seems like you take this far to seriously. If trophies motivate people to play and encourage activity then what is the problem? If a jpeg image means so much to people then why try and take it away? You don't take into account a large proportion of AtWar demographics are under 17, making them minors, which in my experience are best motivated through recognition, attention and award.

I intend to remove fun trophies which serve no purpose and add in event trophies held during Christmas, Easter, Valentines Day, New Year, etc
Tsunami: Sure, if it makes you feel better.

Meester is talking about trophies that took no effort to achieve besides asking for them or begging mods/admins.

In my opinion some are taking this too far by mentioning the times when trophies were rare etc. without taking into consideration there were less players then and its their own problem because they didnt organize more tournaments besides yearly annual.

However there were some ridicilous tournaments, like the "who is the real death?" or whatever ...i didnt even want to apply to that kind of shit, and as i recall it was relatively small number of players fighting for that trophy ...which is lets be honest retarded.

To conclude ...trophies should be achievements for actually achieving something, but there should be more opportunities to win one and more opportunities for larger part of players to win them ...and not just from tournaments.
----
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
01.03.2015 - 08:50
Goblin proved my point. I'v already started giving out the new edition of fun/event trophies.. only person I can think of who achieved this goal is FSM.

Basically this required you to invite 5 players and aid them to rank 5
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Utajenie | Podmienky služby | bannery | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Pripojte sa k nám na

Dajte o nás vedieť