Získajte Premium skryť všetky reklamy

Originálna správa

Napísané Hugosch, 11.06.2013 - 06:28
4th Afterwind 1v1 Tournament Summer 2013

Seedings:
For the seedings i placed all the signups into 2 groups, high ranks and low ranks. Then i completely randomed them against eachother. This is to prevent high ranks playing each other in the first round, but it also prevents that the strongest player start with the weakest opponents. For a complete view of all the matches in the 1v1; check http://images.challonge.com/4th_1v1_aw_tourney.png.

Scedule & Planning:
I will give 1 week for matches the losers bracket, 2 weeks for the winners bracket. The first round starts now, and your match has to be played before Monday 24 June. If you cannot get in contact with your opponent, PM in time! Without any notification before the deadline and no matchresult here, all players involved will be disqualified for this tournament and are also not welcome in a future 1v1 tournament. If possible, inactive players will be substitute by one of the reserves.

Matchoverview: http://images.challonge.com/4th_1v1_aw_tourney.png

Default Match rules:
Game Type*: Quick game
Map: Europe
Turn duration: 2mins
Starting funds: 5k
Maximum players*: 2
Joining until week*: 0
Victory*: Capture player capital and hold for at least 2 turns
Game duration: 50turns
Rares: None
Initial countries: 1
Extra cities: On
Allow rejoining*: Off

Additional rules:
- The above match rules are default: If both players agree on other gamerules (like other turn duration, map, initial countries or both players don't have premium), then it is allowed to change the default rules. Rules marked with * are non-negotiable
- If there are players with serval accounts; you can enter the tournament with just ONE of them. Entering the tournament with more accounts will lead to disqualification on all accounts.

We still need some reserve players! If you want to join the tourney, post a message in this forum! Any other questions? Post below
12.06.2013 - 13:32

gg
----

扶桑帝国のために
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
12.06.2013 - 13:51
Can i join to the Tournament?
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
12.06.2013 - 14:12
Napísal draconoide, 12.06.2013 at 13:51

Can i join to the Tournament?

Added you on the reservelist. I will PM you @ 23June if there is a place
----
Exceptional claims demand exceptional evidence.
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
12.06.2013 - 14:21
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
12.06.2013 - 17:24
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
13.06.2013 - 10:21
Master in 5k? serious? im not master lol
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
13.06.2013 - 16:07

gg
----
Don't trust the manipulative rabbit.
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
13.06.2013 - 16:13
Ld. Dark Knight
Účet zmazaný
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
13.06.2013 - 20:13
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
14.06.2013 - 14:10
----
Carpathia Squad
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
15.06.2013 - 17:04

gg
----

扶桑帝国のために
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
15.06.2013 - 19:03
My opponent has not replied to my pms and has failed to contact me. Any chance I can get a reserve or do I have to wait?
----
"In atWar you either die a hero or live long enough to ally fag and gang bang some poor bastards."
~Goblin

"In this game, everyone is hated."
~Xenosapien
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
16.06.2013 - 00:02

gg dude
----

† In GOD We Trust †
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
16.06.2013 - 06:45
Napísal Spart, 15.06.2013 at 19:03

My opponent has not replied to my pms and has failed to contact me. Any chance I can get a reserve or do I have to wait?

I'm afraid you have to wait until the deadline expired. If he didn't respond by then, he will be replaced by a reserve.
----
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
16.06.2013 - 07:18
Napísal Hugosch, 16.06.2013 at 06:45

I'm afraid you have to wait until the deadline expired. If he didn't respond by then, he will be replaced by a reserve.

same problem here btw. he hasn't even read my message (although he was online)
----

Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
16.06.2013 - 08:51
Btw, I suggest that you Strikethrough the games that are played. : )
----
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
16.06.2013 - 09:39
Napísal Safari, 16.06.2013 at 07:18

Same here bro.
----
"In atWar you either die a hero or live long enough to ally fag and gang bang some poor bastards."
~Goblin

"In this game, everyone is hated."
~Xenosapien
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
16.06.2013 - 12:19
Napísal Spart, 16.06.2013 at 09:39

Napísal Safari, 16.06.2013 at 07:18

Haven't seen primal around either ;o
Same here bro.
----

[pr] Commando Eagle: duel?
[pr] Commando Eagle: i have to regain back the lost elos and gain extra as punishment for rush

Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
16.06.2013 - 15:45
West
Účet zmazaný

I am banned and cannot log in until the first week of july.
If my opponent fails to contact you before the deathline, i win?
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
16.06.2013 - 17:45
Skender won gg
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
16.06.2013 - 17:49

gg
----

[center][img][/img]
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
16.06.2013 - 17:53
Btw, goblin has left aw for a long time because of real life issues. So he asked anyone in SM to withdraw him from the tournament, so yea.
----
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
17.06.2013 - 03:32
Napísal Guest, 16.06.2013 at 15:45

I am banned and cannot log in until the first week of july.

What is your nickname in the tourney? Maybe we can arrange something.

Napísal Milkyy, 16.06.2013 at 17:53

Btw, goblin has left aw for a long time because of real life issues. So he asked anyone in SM to withdraw him from the tournament, so yea.

Removed Goblin from the tourney, replaced by the first reserve: mufidipa. Please play your match this week!
----
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
17.06.2013 - 04:33
 Leaf
I hope you all realise that this 2 minutes doesn't actually dictate who is better in regards to skill, but rather promotes rushing due to the time limit. This especially relates to those who are not familiar with 2 minutes.

I'll have my game down with Desu soon.
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
17.06.2013 - 05:14
Uhm, Meester PM'ed me. But when i PM'ed him back to arrange our game for this Sunday, he didn't show up in time. Also, he hasn't replied to my PM's, although he has been online.
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
17.06.2013 - 05:26
Napísal Leaf, 17.06.2013 at 04:33

I hope you all realise that this 2 minutes doesn't actually dictate who is better in regards to skill, but rather promotes rushing due to the time limit. This especially relates to those who are not familiar with 2 minutes.

I'll have my game down with Desu soon.

Agreed, but the 2mins is only default, if both players agree they can change it. 4mins, however, is ridiculously long. 3mins should be fine.
----
Don't trust the manipulative rabbit.
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
17.06.2013 - 05:33
Napísal Leaf, 17.06.2013 at 04:33

In this topic i used a vote to ask players what they liked. I had 27 'YES' and 3 'NO' to these tourney rules. There is no way i can satisfy all participants, and if i would make it 3 or 4mins, others would have complained it isn't 2mins. Anyway: If you don't like the tourney rules, then don't signup in the first place. I can't change the rules during a tournament.

Napísal Brandreas, 17.06.2013 at 05:14

Uhm, Meester PM'ed me. But when i PM'ed him back to arrange our game for this Sunday, he didn't show up in time. Also, he hasn't replied to my PM's, although he has been online.

I will try to PM Meester and get your match fixed. Don't worry: If there has no match been played before next week, Meester will be replaced with a reserve.
----
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
17.06.2013 - 05:58
 Leaf
I'm just saying that the majority of the players who have played with 4 mins from the beginning try to rush in order to accommodate the time limit which is really the majority of the tournament participants.

I'm sure there are also people that have inclined to the 2 minutes partially to avoid "PD faggotry" that may be derived from the long turns but when judging from the two: Rushing and PD faggotry, PD faggotry actually requires more skill as it demotes rushes and actually requires the players to think their plans out requiring players to place units more strategically rather than simply rushing. Note that I'm only talking about the two: Rushing and PD faggotry which I believe that one between the two is what happens in any game nowadays.

3 minutes would've been fine. This was just a little wake-up call to everyone. Is this a tournament to find who is the best at 5k games or to find out which player can make the fastest, most effective turns? I'm not thrashing the tournament because I think it's terrible or anything (though it could be something to consider in the future). 5K tournaments are great.

EDIT:
Napísal Hugosch, 13.05.2013 at 16:47

Especially after THIS topic i got the idea to start the new 1v1 tournament in the old style, like the 1st tournament was also going. That means we restore the old rules:

Europe map
5k Money
2 minutes turntimer
no rares
capture and hold 2 turns
+100 cities

Simply changing back the game settings to the "old" style doesn't actually bring back the competitiveness that Caulerpa was talking about. Neither does keeping the turns at 3/4minutes of course, just sayin'.
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
17.06.2013 - 06:33
I can repeat myself Leaf: I would have changed the rules, if the majority said so when i asked what rules you guys want. But you decided to give no opinion at all, and now you start to complain about the rules when the tourney has started. Why ruin the tourney now, while you had a chance to change it? You can give me another 1000 reasons why 2mins is bad, but its simple: My goal is to have rules which are best appreciated by most the players, not by you as individual. In this case: 90% of the players said they want these rules; so i'm giving a tourney with those rules, even if i, you, or anyone thinks it sucks.
----
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
17.06.2013 - 07:07
 Leaf
Napísal Hugosch, 17.06.2013 at 06:33

I can repeat myself Leaf: I would have changed the rules, if the majority said so when i asked what rules you guys want. But you decided to give no opinion at all, and now you start to complain about the rules when the tourney has started. Why ruin the tourney now, while you had a chance to change it? You can give me another 1000 reasons why 2mins is bad, but its simple: My goal is to have rules which are best appreciated by most the players, not by you as individual. In this case: 90% of the players said they want these rules; so i'm giving a tourney with those rules, even if i, you, or anyone thinks it sucks.

Reread my post please.

I never asked you to change it.
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Utajenie | Podmienky služby | bannery | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Pripojte sa k nám na

Dajte o nás vedieť