• The Vale - done
  • The Westerlands -done
  • Essos - done
  • Sothoros - 0%
  • Ibben - 0%

Here's a screenshot:

----
Napísal Mahdi, 23.11.2013 at 20:30

I don't consider the phrase "massive fag" to be an insult. Mods did.
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
30.06.2012 - 18:47
 YOBA
>Hornwood
xaxaxa dem sexual connotations
----
YOBA:
Youth-Oriented, Bydło-Approved
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
30.06.2012 - 18:51
Sounds nice, how big will it be compared to current maps? Something like Eurasia?
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
30.06.2012 - 19:19
Napísal YOBA, 30.06.2012 at 18:47

>Hornwood

Game of thrones is all about incest and sex.
----
All our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death. Life's but a walking shadow a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
30.06.2012 - 19:24
Probably something like that, Caul. I had it much larger, but there aren't enough cities to fill it without me creating new ones. So I resized it and I think it has a better flow now.
----

Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
30.06.2012 - 19:44
Napísal Jim Jimmies, 30.06.2012 at 19:19

>Hornwood

I remember a quote from the first book from Littlefinger. "I should invest in brothels instead of ships, whores seldom sink and when they're boarded by pirates the pirates pay just like everyone else!"
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
30.06.2012 - 22:55
Napísal PonyBatman, 30.06.2012 at 19:44

Napísal Jim Jimmies, 30.06.2012 at 19:19

>Hornwood

I remember a quote from the first book from Littlefinger. "I should invest in brothels instead of ships, whores seldom sink and when they're boarded by pirates the pirates pay just like everyone else!"

lol ive been meaning to read it for a year or two now. my bro tells me about this shit. funny thing is... im the one who told him to read it in the first place
----
All our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death. Life's but a walking shadow a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
01.07.2012 - 00:39
Napísal WinterAnomaly, 30.06.2012 at 23:30

What is that program you are using?

Point at him. Point at him and laugh.
----
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
01.07.2012 - 09:34
Napísal Caulerpa, 30.06.2012 at 18:51

Sounds nice, how big will it be compared to current maps? Something like Eurasia?

Here's the full map (((:

And here's a screenshot of Moat Cailin, which is supposed to be a very nice chokepoint where the North can hold an invasion from the South easily.

----

Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
02.07.2012 - 18:41
Napísal Guest, 02.07.2012 at 05:56

Napísal notserral, 01.07.2012 at 09:34

Here's the full map (((:

Damn bro. You gave me by far the best mental picture of how this update will change everything. It is like a whole new game. No, even more like a bunch of new games.
Good work.

:' )

It will. Now Afterwind will become a platform of multiplayer Risk games. Communities that always wanted to play Risk with the intellectual properties they're fan of will now flock to the game in such hopes. It's a new dawn for AW. It's going to be awesome.
----

Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
05.07.2012 - 09:12
Napísal notserral, 02.07.2012 at 18:41
Now Afterwind will become a platform of multiplayer Risk games. Communities that always wanted to play Risk with the intellectual properties they're fan of will now flock to the game in such hopes. It's a new dawn for AW. It's going to be awesome.

Agreed. Great work you're doing here by the way
----
"Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms".
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
05.07.2012 - 20:36
11/10. Just a question, did you make the entire map yourself, or lift/borrow one from somewhere else, and make the borders/cities etc?
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
05.07.2012 - 21:29
Got map from somewhere else and i'm making the cities and borders. Also edited the map so it looks more afterwindy.
----

Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
27.07.2012 - 20:25
This looks amazing! I'm a massive ASOIAF fan.

Do you plan to make it a scenario from the start of the books or rather a more generic map set before Robet's Rebellion, without the political troubles which occured later or maybe both?

Oh, I forgot to say too that the Iron Islands could use more than one cpital. personally, I see Ten Towers as one. And I'd point out that Thenn is probably the most powerful territory beyond the wall. I don't know if you've listed it as the cap as the picture quality isn't clear enough but I just wanted to point tout that they're the only faction beyond the wall with titles and they are known and respected for that and their strength.

For reference to the books I normally use Ser Mountain Goat's map which although being flawed on some picing together (until the official world map is released in October) is the best one thus far and cannon in most areas. http://www.sermountaingoat.co.uk/map/versions/speculative_map.jpg http://www.sermountaingoat.co.uk/map/index.php
----
The Tobylerone
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
13.09.2012 - 09:51
Thanks Tobytwo.

With the update the custom maps alpha coming next month I'll restart working on this map. When I get home I'll check on the Thenn situation and buff them.
----

Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
13.09.2012 - 19:32
This is cool
----
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
14.09.2012 - 16:26
Nice work !

Afterwind the Game of Thrones ^^
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
14.09.2012 - 22:52
This is crazy well done. Amazing work bro.
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
20.10.2012 - 16:41
Fuck yeah, finished <3
----

Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
22.10.2012 - 06:50
Congratulations!
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
22.10.2012 - 14:08
 Ivan (Admin)
Quite possibly the best custom map to date. Really excellent job! A few things:

- Do the Iron Islands really need to be 4 separate countries?
- Would love to see some country-specific units - perhaps, in the future?
- Would be nice to have images for countries and cities - at least, some of them.
- Make use of the new color settings to adjust country and city labels - at the moment they are lost on the light background. I found that dark red for countries and Dark green for cities (both about 50% opacity) look pretty good.
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
23.10.2012 - 01:22
Best Fantasy custom map.
----
We are not the same - I am a Martian.
Once Martian - Always Martian.
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
23.10.2012 - 10:21
2012 Fantasy Award Winner.
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
23.10.2012 - 16:31
<3

I'm blushing, guys.

Cituj:

- Do the Iron Islands really need to be 4 separate countries?
- Would love to see some country-specific units - perhaps, in the future?
- Would be nice to have images for countries and cities - at least, some of them.
- Make use of the new color settings to adjust country and city labels - at the moment they are lost on the light background. I found that dark red for countries and Dark green for cities (both about 50% opacity) look pretty good.

I wanted the Iron Islands to be a menace of their own. If a player manages to unite them and play a decent Naval Commander, then he can get ahead really fast, income wise. And if I keep them separated I can have their incomes and reinforcements pretty high.

The country specific units is a very nice idea, but I think it tampers with balance way too much. I'm working on specific rare units - like a lysene/qarthian pleasure barge that transports troops and looks like a civilian ship, so it's stealth; and a dothraki raider unit that has a huge range and attack but cannot be transported.

I'll work some more on the banners and flags. Also the color settings too.
----

Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
25.10.2012 - 13:47
Are you going to make generals for each army? eg. The Hound or Ser Jamie or Oberyn. Also, are you going to give events such as the Crow's eye turning up?
----
The Tobylerone
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
29.10.2012 - 11:35
Some suggestions also. The Stepstones are a bit too strong and so are alot of other insignificant towns. You need to boost up Lannisport and the White Harbour as they have huge populations and definitely needs 8s. Lannisport also needs to exist as an 8.
----
The Tobylerone
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
29.10.2012 - 20:57
Will you be making more fantasy maps in the future?
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
02.11.2012 - 14:19
Dragonstone isn't strong enough. Although the island is small it has a strong Valyrian keep and thus should be placed as a 7 or 8. Driftmark should similarly be given a higher strength of around 6 as it's the seat of the ancient and powerful house of Velaryon and compensates for the other quite insignificant lesser houses which exist in/around Dragonstone but which can't be fitted on the map, and it'd help balance out Stannis in the War of The Five Kings.

Asides from this alot of places in Western Essos such as The Velvet Keep and Andalos High Castle as a bit overpowered. Realistically the only cities or forts above a four should be the nine free cities.

Karhold is a bit west of where I imagined it and The Sisters are far too powerful. The islands had been fought over for hundreds of years with the peace in the last few hundred being the only time in which they could flourish, however they suffered for their part of the blackfyre rebellion. I would hardly consider them to be worth of a 6 4 2. Maybe 5 3 2? Otherwise they'd pose too severe an opposition to The White Harbour.

Beyond the wall has Craster's Keep vastly overpowered. it should e a two at best. I have a good map of beyond the wall from the wiki and maybe we could put in the Giant's Stairs and Antler River as some other lower powered settlements.

Now onto accessability of terrain... Are the Eyrie mountains and Wall uncrossable? Because to really have an accurate map rather than on where it's as fast across flat land as a giant mountain that needs to be put in for those areas. The Same thing goes for parts of the Westerlands, The mountains between Dorne and the rest of Westeros, Norvos, Andalos and Mantarys. The rest aren't really that significant.
----
The Tobylerone
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
08.11.2012 - 17:14
Hey Toby thanks for the suggestions, I've applied some of them. I don't believe the mountains should be inaccessible terrain, since in the Default Map not even the Everest is inaccessible. Also I'm not aiming to be exactly faithful to the series - I mean, balance is more important than fidelity
----

Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
08.11.2012 - 18:07
I checked this map out and the map is fantastic. My only observation is the units are somewhat generic and bland. Strongly second Ivan's suggestion re country specific units, or at least a greater variety of units from the Game of Thrones universe available to all.

Great job!
Nahrávam...
Nahrávam...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Utajenie | Podmienky služby | bannery | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Pripojte sa k nám na

Dajte o nás vedieť